Your cart is currently empty!
Mobile Phase Preparation for BIST™ A and BIST™ A+ Columns
The following procedures will produce a mobile phase solution containing 80% MeCN, 20% water, and 5 mM N,N,N’,N’-Tetramethyl-1,3-diaminopropane (TMDAP) at pH 4.0. The resulting concentrations can be modified for your particular needs by adjusting the initial volumes of solution.
|HPLC-grade Acetonitrile (CAS #75-05-8)|
|99% N,N,N’,N’-Tetramethyl-1,3-diaminopropane (CAS #110-95-2)|
|HPLC-grade Formic acid (CAS #64-18-6)|
|500 mL graduated cylinder|
|500 mL beaker|
|1 L solvent bottle (qty. 2)|
100 mM TMDAP pH 4.0 Buffer Preparation:
- Ensure you are wearing proper PPE: gloves, lab coat, lab goggles and working under a fume hood.
- Weigh 6.5 g of TMDAP into the 500 mL beaker.
- Add about 400 mL of water to the 500 mL beaker.
- Place the beaker on the stir plate with the stir bar in the beaker.
- Lower the pH probe into the beaker and turn on the stirrer.
- Slowly add Formic acid into the beaker, monitoring the pH level until it reaches 4.0. This step usually consumes about 5.0-6.0 mL of Formic acid.
- Pour the contents of the beaker (except the stir bar) into the 500 mL graduated cylinder and fill the graduated cylinder to the 500 mL mark with water.
- Transfer the contents of the graduated cylinder into the 1L solvent bottle.
This will create 1L of 100 mM TMDAP pH 4.0 buffer stock solution.
- In a 1L bottle, mix 150 mL of water, 50 mL of buffer stock solution, and 800 mL of Acetonitrile to produce a 80/20/5 mM Acetonitrile/Water/TMDAP-formate mobile phase.
- This MP can be prepared with a concentration of acetonitrile up to 90%. Higher concentration of acetonitrile will make the MP non-homogeneous.